Our vision is for Al Noori Muslim School to continue to be a school of excellence. We aspire to provide our students with an extraordinary skill set for further academic and professional life, in a context nourished by the Islamic faith and its teachings.
Knowledge is Light. Good Deeds Are Piety.
Our Educational Philosophy
Our educational philosophy values a culture of optimism, excellence and celebration within an Islamic context. Our Islamic identity is the grounding on which Al Noori Muslim School is built. Islamic principles permeate every aspect of our school life. We strive for academic excellence by providing quality educational programs that are inspiring, comprehensive and challenging. We foster respectful relationships where everyone’s voice counts. We will nurture each student and help them develop high levels of emotional, spiritual and social wellbeing. We believe in making learning spaces that drive new ideas and take initiatives to provide first-rate facilities.
Our mission is for all students to be empowered, resilient and future-focused.
Our students will be:
- Confident lifelong learners, with the flexibility, creativity and resilience to embrace change in the complex world of the future
- Empowered, collaborative and strong-of-character leaders, thriving on personal responsibility and problem solving
- Effective and empathetic communicators who are socially and culturally aware and inclusive
The Islamic faith and its values underpin all that we do at Al Noori Muslim School. Our values are expressed by:
- Practising Care and Compassion so students can show empathy and kindness to the less fortunate
- Instilling a motivation of Doing Your Best so students can become the best version of themselves
- Pursuing a Fair Go so students can make sincere, ethical and moral choices
- Honouring Freedom so students can confidently practise their faith
- Embodying Honesty & Trustworthiness so students hold themselves accountable for their actions
- Leading with Integrity so students can be authentic and true to themselves
- Showing Respect so students develop positive and harmonious relationships in Australian society
- Taking Responsibility so students work hard, take initiative and pursue excellence
- Demonstrating Understanding, Tolerance and Inclusion so students protect the rights of other students and fellow human beings
Our School History
Al Noori Muslim School is an independent school for boys and girls from Kindergarten to Year 12 situated in the heart of Greenacre. The inspiration for the school came in the early eighties when a group of community leaders envisioned a local school based on the Islamic ethos.
By 1983, a school was established in a house in Lakemba, opening a freshly painted class with six students and a few teachers. The students were dressed in school uniform designed by a committee of parents. The school continued to expand and the school relocated nine times, operating from the Sunshine Hall in Canterbury to a marquee in a backyard. After extensive meetings and negotiations with Bankstown City Council and two Land and Environment Court actions, Al Noori Muslim School opened its doors on a sunny day in 1987 to primary school children from Kindergarten to Year 6.
As the school grew, there was an impulse to create a high school campus and in 2009, the first Year 7 cohort was inducted. Numbers swelled and confidence quickly grew in the high school and its strong team of leaders and teachers. In early 2010, plans were drafted for a new high school. Bolstered by school generated funds, the beautiful new facility opened its doors in 2013.
In 2014, the school re-created its identity with the new building, an updated uniform, logo and colour scheme. The school has continued to grow with future master plans involving the school redeveloping the underutilised areas of the existing site to create increased opportunities for the next generation of students. Creative designs that recognise the pivotal influence of physical space and environment of the learning process have been used.
Over the past years, the educational programs and successes at the school have continued to grow. Notable mentions include above state average NAPLAN results with students in the top 2 bands in each group significantly exceeding the state percentage achieving at the same level, 96 merits with 55 students being placed on the NESA Distinguished Achievers List in at least one subject and an extraordinary number of co-curricular activities often beyond the confines of the school grounds where the focus has always been on teaching ‘the value of striving for success’.
Looking forward to the 40th anniversary of Al Noori Muslim School education in February 2023, the school community remains humbled and inspired by the legacy of those that have come before us. We are endlessly grateful for their unwavering commitment and the decades of hard work invested in supporting this school and community to become what it is today.
Al Noori Muslim School is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission as a company limited by guarantee.