The school’s mission is to provide a high quality education in a supportive environment in order for the students to reach their full potential. The school environment will promote and nurture a sense of self-worth, discipline and understandings of the rights of students and fellow human beings. The school will promote and encourage continued growth of students as lifelong learners within the Islamic values while upholding and appreciating the Australian multicultural society.
The school’s educational philosophy views knowledge as holistic and attempts to integrate Islamic and secular knowledge within an educational framework that is endowed with the mission of imparting an Islamic vision and cultivating the will to realise it.
Aims & Goals
- To inculcate in students the love for Islam and promote Islamic values and principles to make them both useful members of the Muslim community and responsible citizens of the broader Australian society.
- To provide students with a curriculum that meets their needs and promotes their intellectual, aesthetic, moral, social, emotional and physical development.
- To offer a range of learning opportunities so that students acquire the skills necessary to participate in and contribute to society.
- To encourage students to value achievement in all aspects of life and to strive for excellence in their personal endeavours.
- To encourage students to see education as a lifelong process.
- To provide for staff and students a safe, ordered, secure and caring environment that is conducive to learning and working.
- To provide a challenging but fun educational experiences.
Unique Features of the School
The school prides itself on:
- A growing and progressive school with a family atmosphere and excellent pastoral care.
- An active staff working collaboratively as a team.
- Having a productive, caring, safe and secure environment for all.
- An effective communication process with all stakeholders
- Catering for Islamic ethos, through Islamic studies, LOTE – Arabic and the study of Quran.
- Providing a challenging but enjoyable education.
- Fostering a climate that is conducive to academic achievement
- Emphasis on Australian/Aboriginal studies, Asian Studies in HSIE/Science
- Extracurricular activities such as swimming lessons
Special Approaches to Teaching and Learning
- Integration of Islamic studies into Key Learning Areas
- Catering for individual needs
- Support programs for literacy/numeracy
- Availability of ‘hands on’ resources for students requiring support